27 February 2009

Dirty Boots

I have always worn boots.

I don't know what else to wear.

I wear them and rarely clean them.

I am prairie.

I am pioneer.
I am Oklahoma.

I am the plains.

I am plain.



Eventually I get a new pair.



Shiny and new.



And I like them.



But, I will not love them until they have proven themselves.




I will walk a mile to avoid getting a door ding. The vehicle I drive now is 2 years old and doesn't have a mark on it. I sweep, polish, dust, iron, whatever it takes to keep my things looking new and neat. I take care of things.


But, boots.


Boots, however, are best valued when well used, well worn.




I tend to dance with the one that brung me...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, these boots are beautiful! I love boots too. I am partial to the lace-ups a la Laura Ingalls. Maybe they were a staple for me in another life ;) I've worn those kind since I was a kid and have a beautiful brown pair from Naturalizer. I am prairie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your boots! I don't have a pair, but if I did, these are the style I would like the most.

    My Mom is a total Cowgirl, and she just got a new pair of boots, but they are not nearly as stylish as yours. <3

    Hey, do you make cowgirl dolls?

    You can email me direct, if you'd like.

    Truly,
    Amy

    ebscrafts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much this comment means. I really thank you for taking time to connect with me. This is why we are here, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...