31 January 2010

Dear Brigid

I am feeling all kinda prickly and like pretty bad company. Gosh, aren't you glad you stopped by? Since I moved mother in and have been caring for her, I have these times where I am kind of blue. I can't put my finger on anything in particular. I don't really mind preparing meals or dispensing meds. Checking on her, repeating myself many times. Well, some of it makes me roll my eyes. There isn't really anything else I want to do, or where I would want to be. I am a little bored maybe, a little lonely. Like after you bury someone, people are there and checking on you, then within a couple of weeks they just want to move on and not bring it up to you. I get that. I do that. I mean, ultimately it is just you and that's how it is supposed to be. So, I am in the eye of the storm. Initially there was lots of attention and there will be again when things are worse. But we are coasting right now, and I am glad for it, but, yawn. Blech. Yuck.

Since I defined for myself the need to receive the love there is and not shut it out, I thought I would chose an act of kindness bestowed on me and see if that doesn't turn things around.

This one is about Brigid.

Since I have the task of cleaning out the house I grew up in and where my mother lived for 50 years, I have felt the need to get rid of things from my own home. I put a message on my FaceBook page that I had some knitting magazines and would anyone want them. Brigid claimed them and sent her address. I know Brigid from the Oklahomans on Etsy. We have crossed paths at a few craft shows. I have even met her mother, who is a hoot and a doll. Like mother, like daughter. I was quite happy to ship my stack to Tulsa. She sent a 'got it and thanks' message, all was happy and complete.

Then I received a box.
I was in shock. Just delighted. Brigid sent a cute note of thanks. She FOUR of her handmade scrubs. All of this was just to be nice and say thanks. But the part that was just on another level was the necklace.
It has two birds and my favorite blue. So personal. She spent her time and energy on me. Beyond that, she personalized this necklace just for me.
Interestingly, Brigid's grandmother is in a bad way. I hope this makes you feel better, dear girl. I am near tears writing this. Thank you, Brigid. I feel the love. I receive that. And it did file those prickles right off me.

9 comments:

  1. Aw, I just love Brigid. Her scrubs are fantastic, and a pair of earrings I commissioned from her are one of my favorite pairs. Glad you're receiving the love. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I should get some of this scrub. What a sweetie you are Brigid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore you, Robin. I'm glad my little contribution could make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin I didn't realize you were going through this. Thank God for people like Brigid...such gestures are never, ever forgotten. Sending my love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it made you smile:) You always make me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I'm so glad you are receiving the love...never forget you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, how wonderful! Brigid is such a sweetheart! Thinking of you~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful and thoughtful gift.
    Hope it keeps you smiling for days...

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much this comment means. I really thank you for taking time to connect with me. This is why we are here, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...