19 April 2013

Blue Book

This theme for our March Altered Book Swap at Paper Crown was "blue."
I had Jackie's book to work in and my first thought was that she is so 'true blue.'

This spread emerged.
And I do not throw bible verses around.
Thats my mother and Aunt Ernie circa 1928.

Nan and I provided dinner. I made a salad.
She made these lemon cheesecakes.
She had to beat admirers off with a glue stick.
This week has been the two anniversary of mother's death. I've been doing so much better overall. Keeping busy, hugging Lucille, but I have felt exhausted and cranky. Grieving is lonely and takes lots of energy. So this is brief and lacks personality which reflects who I am right now.

Medeah's page made me clutch my pearls by the way...


8 comments:

  1. I wish... well you know what I wish.
    See you soon. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The project must be very satisfying...and it sounds like you have made wonderful friends, too! I'm sorry you are feeling sad, Robin...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda

      Thank you so much. Its all natural, just not all wonderful!

      XO!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And I hope all is well with you and your family.

      XX

      Delete
  4. Robin, Your pages for Jackie were so beautiful and thoughtful. Such a wonderful tribute to her. And Medeah's pages for you were just as special. We are so lucky to be in the mist of such talented women. Hoping the coming weeks find you feeling better. I look forward to seeing you Wednesday evening at book club. Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you nice compliments. I enjoyed seeing you at Glitter Market yesterday as always. See you later this month!

      Delete
  5. I'm at the hotel, about to check out, killing time, sending you and Lucille fond nuzzles. Colette xoxo

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much this comment means. I really thank you for taking time to connect with me. This is why we are here, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...