28 October 2009

Noting the Presents



So, my birthday was last week and I wanted to share three fabulous gifts I received. I don't want to talk about the cake my husband ordered for me. Not yet. I haven't sewn nor knitted enough to be able to talk about it. I will throw one word out there...orange. Okay, that is enough.



My dear friend Penny sent a bouquet of flowers. She sent it early in the week which is so wise, so I could enjoy them all week.



Jemellia's gift is so pretty I have to start with the exterior and reveal in layers.


It is delicious when someone knows you so well.




Earrings from Elizabeth Williams. I had just finished complimenting Jemellia on her earrings which were EliWill of course.


And a coveted tote from One Hundred Wishes.




Without a doubt one of the best gifts I have ever received was this tribute in Angela's blog. I do not know what to say about it. I love it and am overwhelmed by it and it rendered me speechless regarding it for a whole day. That speaks volumes.

I feel the love.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good birthday. That bag is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should not tease the public that way. The cake truly "took the cake."

    The flowers are beautiful and your photography leaves me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Robin!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful week, and I'm glad to hear that. Your bouquet is so lovely, and I'm diggin' that cubed glass vase. Jemellia's gift was so thoughtful too! Don't you love it when you get a present that shows the person who gave it to you actually listens to what you say? That's the best.

    I can't wait to see the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Holly's post is a prelude to the cake story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a beautiful tribute, Robin...you are blessed over and over, my friend. I am blessed to call you friend and hope you have a year filled with delightful surprises! Can't wait top spend time with you and that "bro" of ours!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you liked the tribute. I forgot to mention about all the fun we had in NYC, walking down the street, making up theme songs for fast food restaurants (Blimpies), performing our drill team routine on stage at Rosie O'Grady's, calling it our Broadway debut - did we really do that? Singing "The Rose" every chance we got.

    When I see you next month, I'm going to bring a whole stack of newspapers from high school, featuring your first blog, "Robin Reviews".

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much this comment means. I really thank you for taking time to connect with me. This is why we are here, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...